Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Logo

My Logo




  The first step we had to do was research our name. My name, Alisha, means Noble and protected by god. My last name, Ganga,  means river water. I chose to base my logo on  the qualities/words protected by god and river water. 
  
  With the qualities/words I chose, I came up with waves. This represents my last name which means river water. Long, wavy waves. I used direction to figure out what would look best or best describe my qualities. By doing that, I came to a conclusion that I would use waves and use them in a horizontal format. I chose to illustrate each wave with two lines and use a different type of color which was a sky blue and dark blue. By choosing two different colors it shows contrast between light and dark. This also makes the waves stand out. The person walking on water symbolizes a god like figure which in my opinion is a holy and spiritual figure. In reality, no one can actually walk on water.

   In my logo the colors used are a sky blue and dark blue. Blue usually represents or reminds you of water. This relates to my name because my last name means river water. The line quality of the waves are thick, curvy and horizontal. The lines also show sturdiness and they're confident lines. The typography used in this logo is my name in the font "Futura"and the size of font is 14 pt. The typography in my logo illustrates confident and strong. I personally thought that adding the blue outline will represent my name being "protected" which is one of the meanings, protected by god. By adding the blue outline my name also stands out. Like i previously said, my logo represents water and protected by god. The waves used in my logo show water. The person walking on water represents a god-like figure. Walking on water in some religions is a holy and spiritual act. The person walking on water also illustrates that in reality no one can actually walk on water but being protected by god, it shows that god is helping/protecting the person over the water.

   The technical part of this process was to draw thumbnails in our sketchbook. I came up with several ideas and then it was to go on to Adobe Illustrator. This is a tool that is used on the computer to create art or "draw" on the computer. There are different tools like the paint brush, pencil, crop, lines, and many more. Illustrator is an amazing tool and i recommend it to anyone.

  Overall I'm happy with my logo and I think i showed my characteristics accuratly. My logo is creative and I hope it inspires people to try and create their own logos!

  Hope you enjoyed my journey to create my logo!! :)

  



No comments:

Post a Comment