Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Chess Piece



  This is my chess piece that I drew for my CyberARTS class. My chess piece had to have a sense of movement, pattern and value in the back round and the chess piece itself. The assignment also included a point of view so where you were looking at chess piece from. My point of view or angle was eye level. The chess piece had light on the right, shadow in the middle, a small amount of light on the right side and a bit of shadow on the very right.

  The assignment as I said before needs to include a sense of movement and pattern in the back round. I think the piece shows movement because it leads your eye from the bottom to the top. I also did the swirly lines in a way that it brings your eyes to the main focus, the chess piece. Pattern in my back round is the repetition of swirly lines. It repeats four times and has different variety of length and value in the lines. I think the value in the swirly type of lines creates a nice variety of value with shades of lights and darks. For the variety of value I used a HB, 2B & 6B pencil.

  Overall I'm happy with the outcome and I think it illustrates realistic characteristics in the chess piece itself like the value. I think I could have done better with the value and try and make the different values blend in better. Hope you enjoyed my art! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment